~With each new release, I typically like to share the perennial 'Key Selling Points' document . . . remember how exciting the Alara Reborn document was ? (All Gold confirmed).
Anywhoos - here is the 'Key Selling Points' document for Magic 2010. Nothing really of interest or surprise really but here ya go anyhow.
KEY SELLING POINTS
* The 2010 Core Set is the cornerstone of Magic and the first core set to feature new content (50% new!) in addition to a host of classic cards.
* The 2010 Core Set will resonate with fantasy fans as it features classic creatures from the genre, such as Vampires, Dragons, & Sphinx.
* Because of the new content the 2010 Core Set will be the first core set to be supported by Prerelease and Launch Parties
* The 2010 Core Set will be fully utilized in high-level organized play; including Summer Grand Prix events.
* The 2010 Core Set will also be the first core set to contain Planeswalkers.
SET SIZE AND PRODUCT OFFERINGS
* There are 249 black-bordered cards in the 2010 Core Set. (15 Mythic Rare, 53 rare, 60 uncommon, 101 common, 20 basic lands)
* The 2010 Core Set will be sold in Booster Packs, Intro Packs, & Fat Packs (Fat Packs contain 8 booster packs).
* The expected contents of a booster is 10 commons, 3 uncommons, 1 basic land, 1 tip/token card, and 1 rare card. A Mythic rare will appear in the rare slot in approximately 1 in every 8 booster packs.
* 6-card Booster packs will be sold in gravity feeds. Each booster pack contains 1 uncommon, 3 commons, 1 land, and one card that will either be a rare/mythic rare, uncommon, or common card.
* Worldwide Pre-release Tournaments (July 11th - 12th, 2009)
* Worldwide Launch Parties (July 17th - 19th, 2009)
* 2010 Core Set cards are legal in Constructed OP events immediately upon release (July 17th, 2009).