Happy Wednesday MTG peeps,
The newest Magic: the Gathering set is hitting gaming store shelves near you this very Friday in time for Friday Night Magic. We've heard through some friends in the States that the street release date may have been broken by undisclosed distributors and / or retailers, but have no further evidence to provide. Anywhoos, be sure to head to an Aether Revolt Launch Event, and you may score a sweet date stamped alternate art Quicksmith Rebel promo card.
Before we get to the topic of today's MTG Realm post, here are some links for the MTG gamer to stay up to date :
• The next Magic Story is posted over on the mothersite. This short story installment in the continuing Kaladesh / Aether Revolt Fiction fest is 'Breaking Points' and is penned by Doug Beyer.
• Abe Sargent over at Gathering Magic has his Top Ten list of best Aether Revolt Cards for Commander, multi-player and other variants.
• Todd Stevens over at StarCityGames has produced his list of Top Twenty best fav cards for standard constructed, and it is of little surprise that some of our fav new cards we'll want to get our paws on is on this list.
Righto - On to the new Ather Revolt Planeswalker Deck article. First, here is our video and discussion -
A planeswalker deck is a preconstructed theme deck designed by Wizards of the Coast as a starter product for beginner Magic players. Planeswalker decks replace Intro packs starting with Kaladesh. Each deck contains:
• 1 Ready-to-play 60-card deck, featuring a foil premium Planeswalker card
• 2 Aether Revolt booster packs
• 1 Strategy insert
• 1 Magic learn-to-play guide
Each of the 4 Planeswalker Decks to date (in Kaladesh and Aether RevoltO have the following types of cards suitable / appropriate to the Planeswalker -
• One foil copy of a mythic rare planeswalker, designed to be fun and flavorful but not pushed for tournament play. Expensive to cast and splashy.
• Two copies of a rare spell that has an effect and also tutors for the specific planeswalker. The rare usually will cost one mana less than the planeswalker. It only looks for the Planeswalker Deck's version of the planeswalker and not any version.
• Three copies of an uncommon permanent that is enhanced by having the planeswalker on the battlefield.
• Four copies of a common flavored to the Planeswalker with a basic staple effect.
• Four copies of an appropriate common dual land.