~Just an update on the Deck Builder's Toolkit.
-> Also check out the MTG Deck Builder:TappedOut.net
This is the product we mentioned way back in November. Well, it's out now and available for that special gamer whose birthday is upcoming or perhaps even you to help round out your deck development to win you more games.
Here's the skinny . . .
The Deck Builder's Toolkit, which will contain 100 land cards and 125 semi-random game cards, along with
four 15-card booster packs from a variety of recent Magic: The Gathering sets for only $19.99. It's the perfect way to start a deck-building career! The Deck Builder's Toolkit will also contain a card storage box, a guide containing dueling tips, and expert advice on how to custom build the deadliest and most effective decks possible. And since no two Toolkits are the same, each one presents its own unique deckbuilding challenges!
~We have the following information from our friend in Europe who dissected the box and now provides this mini-review :
According to the information included, this toolkit should help you to build the following archetypes :
- Red Burn (Lightning Bolt, Lava Axe, Fireball, Fiery Hellhound)
- White Weenie (Elite Vanguard, Veteran Armorsmith, Kor Hookmaster, Pacifism)
- Blue Control (Mind Control, Cancel, Divination, Wall of Frost)
- Elves (Llanowar Elves, Nissa's Chosen, Elvish Visionary, Overrun)
- Mana Ramp (Rampant Growth, Frontier Guide, Howl of the Night Pack, Pelakku Wurm)
- Blue-White Fliers ( Serra Angel, Unsummon, Wind Drake, Fledgling Griffin)
- Vampires (Gatekeeper of Malakir, Vampire Nighthawk, Consume Spirit, Vampire Aristocrat)
- Black-Red Destruction (Doom Blade, Flame Slash, Duress, Lightning Elemental)
- Red-Green Aggro (Llanowar Elves, Summit Apes, Panic Attack, Goblin Shortcutter)
- Green-White Auras (Aura Gnarlid, Savage Silhouette, Mammoth Umbra, Totem-Guide Hartebeest)
- Eldrazi (Emrakul's Hatcher, Ulamog's Crusher, Pathrazer of Ulamog, Spawning Breath)
This is what was inside my toolkit :
- 4 Booster Packs = Conflux, Worldwake, Zendikar and Magic 2010
- 100 lands from Magic 2010 ( 20 each )
The key commons and uncommons are all from recent sets : Magic 2010, Zendikar, Worldwake and Rise of the Eldrazi. Looking at the list I do believe that people new to the game will like them, but I was hoping on key commons / uncommons from older sets as well...
Here are what I would consider the better commons - without thinking about the above archetypes - out of my Toolkit :
White Common 1x Iona's Judgment, 2x Pacifism, 1x Soul Warden
Blue Common 2x Cancel, 1x Divination, 1x Essence Scatter, 1x Merfolk Looter, 1x Unsummon
Black Common 1x Blood Seeker, 2x Child of Night, 1x Disfigure, 1x Doom Blade, 1x Duress, 1x Sign in Blood
Red Common 1x Brood Birthing, 1x Burst Lightning, 3x Lightning Bolt, 1x Searing Blaze
Green Common 1x Borderland Range, 1x Explore, 2x Giant Growth, 2x Llanowar Elves, 1x Naturalize, 1x Nissa's Chosen, 1x Rampant Growth
Colorless Common 1x Hand of Emrakul, 1x Ulamog's Crusher Land Common 4x Terramorphic Expanse
I received 35 Uncommons :
11x M10 Uncommons Dragon Whelp, Fireball, Harm's Way, Howl of the Night Pack, Mind Control, Overrun, Prodigal Pyromancer, Rod of Ruin, Serra Angel, Sleep, Whispersilk Cloak
4x Zendikar Uncommons Frontier Guide, Mind Sludge, River Boa, Trusty Machete 2x Worldwake Bestial Menace, Summit Apes
8x Rise of the Eldrazi Artisan of Kozilek, Dreamstone Hedron, Explosive Revelation, Lust for War, Pathrazer of Ulamog, Pelakka Wurm, Rapacious One, Valakut Fireboar
Conclusion = Perhaps a nice product for real starters, more experienced players can use it to play a very nice and solid sealed deck.