Happy Wednesday MTG buddies,
We've been rather busy and not been able to post yet this week - our sincere apologies for that. The week itself has seemed rather long but we should think that it is due to our greatly anticipated pre-orders which are worming it's way towards us. We placed a few pre-orders in at least three different on-line and brick 'n' mortar stores. One package from MTG Mint Card moved at absolutely light speed from Hong Kong to Anchorage, to St. Louis and to Buffalo in an unbelievably rapid period of time of about three days. As soon as it crossed the border into Canada, the courier company which shall not be named (UPS!!), moved as slow as molasses on a typical Canadian winter day, which right now is about -20 ºC (or -4ºF) but we still expect that this will arrive faster than our other order coming from Florida.
Anywhoos - let's not dwell on our sad-panda state of no new Mirrodin Besieged cards in hand but move onto the Magic Arcana announcement from Wizards earlier this week . . .
Assembled here are fifteen of the most powerful legends in Magic history, legends heralded for their devastating powers and fearsome abilities. As a Planeswalker, you have searched the Multiverse for such allies. That search is finally at an end.
This limited-edition set also contains an exclusive preview card, a mythic rare from the October Magic set code named "Shake."
Contents and Details
- 15 Premium foil cards, including 7 with new art
- An exclusive spindown life counter
- A collector's guide
- Each card has been printed using a foil process unique to the From the Vault series.
- The 15 legendary creatures are all printed in the current card frame. For several, it is for the first time.
- From the Vault: Legends will be available world-wide in English only, and will have an extremely limited print run.
- All cards are black bordered and tournament legal. This means that these cards are legal for use in any tournaments where the original printings are still legal. For some cards, it is their first time with a black border.
Release Date: August 26, 2011
Nyth from the forums posted some very excellent information about Reserved List Legendary Creatures and using some solid logic provides speculation (from a list of possible ~189 candidates) as to what one may expect in this latest From the Vault offering.
And finally a word about storing your Magic the Gathering cards . . .
We suggest you recycle that dumpy looking cardboard box you carry your pride and joy in and use the awesome looking Magic Mirrodin Besieged Mirran Crusader / Phyrexian Crusader, Ultra Pro Magic the Gathering 9-Pocket Portfolio. This puppy from MTG Mint Card holds 90 Cards and will make your trade bait look sweet.