Happy Sunday MTG peeps,
On the weekend, our BroChcho Jon, of CommandTower.tk, dropped by and we went through all five Commander 2015 decks. These were a very lovely gift from our awesome Bro Eric at Christmas.
These posts (to be updated) will link off to all the videos we had worked on -
(1) Commander 2015 Intro
(2) Call the Spirits (Black / White)
(3) Seize Control (Red / Blue)
(4) Plunder the Graves (Black / Green)
(5) Wade into Battle (Red / White)
(6) Swell the Host (Blue / Green)
In this post, we have a video for the introduction to this years' Magic: the Gathering offering for Commander 2015.
Commander 2015, is the newest product in the Commander series that was released by Wizards of the Coast on November 13, 2015 and features five enemy colored 100-card decks (342 different cards). There are 56 new cards legal in Vintage and Legacy. Each of the five preconstructed decks comes with one oversized foil Commander card, 10 double-faced tokens, a deck storage box, a strategy insert, a rules reference card and 15 new cards.
Each preconstructed deck was designed with a primary theme and a secondary theme. The main new commander in the deck matches the primary theme, while the alternate new commander matches the secondary theme
Commander 2015 introduced Experience counters, player counters that will make your Commander grow in power during the course of each game. Each game pack includes a card labeled "Experience" with the suggestion "Place your experience counters here." This card isn't required for play. It's simply a convenient spot to put your experience counters, which can be represented with dice, glass beads, or other small items.
Cycles - Commander 2015 has seven cycles:
• Experience counter commanders: five mythic rare bicolored legendary creatures that can be used as a commander. — Daxos the Returned, Mizzix of the Izmagnus, Meren of Clan Nel Toth, Kalemne, Disciple of Iroas and Ezuri, Claw of Progress.
• Alternate commanders: five mythic rare legendary creatures fitting the secondary theme of the decks. — Karlov of the Ghost Council, Arjun, the Shifting Flame, Mazirek, Kraul Death Priest, Anya, Merciless Angel and Kaseto, Orochi Archmage.
• Reprint commanders: five rare legendary creature reprints that fit the deck's theme. — Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts, Melek, Izzet Paragon, Jarad, Golgari Lich Lord, Gisela, Blade of Goldnight and Prime Speaker Zegana
• Mechanical tie-ins: five rare cards mechanically related to the same plane as the main commanders. — Daxos's Torment, Mizzix's Mastery, Bloodspore Thrinax, Kalemne's Captain, and Scytheclaw.
• Confluences: five rare modal spells. — Righteous Confluence, Mystic Confluence, Wretched Confluence, Fiery Confluence, and Verdant Confluence.
• Myriad creatures: five uncommon creatures with the myriad mechanic. — Herald of the Host, Broodbirth Viper, Banshee of the Dread Choir, Warchief Giant, and Caller of the Pack.
• Enemy color signets: five common mana stones. Each artifact costs to cast and can be tapped to filter into two mana of different colors. Reprinted from Ravnica, Guildpact and Dissension — Orzhov Signet, Izzet Signet, Golgari Signet, Boros Signet and Simic Signet.