Pages

Popular Posts

2.14.2013

Really Bad Magic

~
Happy Thursday MTG peeps,

We're rather happy to have our calendar free up for tomorrow evening's Friday Night Magic event at OMG! Games here in Barrie and be able for the first time since it's release, play with some of the new Gatecrash cards.  We have a few different builds to bring and now have the last few cards we ordered from MTG Mint Card in the mix.

For today's post, we wanted to look at two very cool Magic: the Gathering Tumblr blogs sure to put a smile on your facePlease give these folks some link love -

First up, Really Bad Magic - this is a blog featuring some less than stunning card alterations :

Photo with 2 notes
No.  Just no. No.  Just no.
~
Photo with 4 notes
What does this one for me is the hairball. What does this one for me is the hairball.

~
Photo with 15 notes
The gore!  The gore!
~
Next up - the Tumblr Blog 'Worst MTG Cards'.  The Blogger scours Gatherer for some of less than stellar Magic: the Gathering cards, where even the argument 'it might be good in limited' may not hold any water' -
~


~
werepuppydex asked:
I feel like flowstone armor would have been pretty ok in it's time, but think about how good that is for killing chumps, or weakening opposing creatures. Sounds good to me.

I may have been a bit harsh on it. It’s cost of three and remaining tapped seems a little steep to me for a long term power down, but I suppose you have the point for killing weenies. There are more effective ways to kill weenies of course, but this is better than nothing in that case. And in a pinch, now that I think about it, it can help kill indestructibles so thats a thing. Not awful, but not entirely useless!
-Anthony 


Poor Zok. I think he and Fblthp need to attend some group therapy…
-Anthony
Poor Zok. I think he and Fblthp need to attend some group therapy…
-Anthony
 
mana-leak asked:
Goblin Ski Patrol?

After my starter deck, the first cards I got were a ramdom lot from Ebay. Most of them turned out to be from Ice Age, these guys included. Even then I knew how terrible this card truly was.
Oddly enough, that lot contained no snow covered lands…
-Anthony

~

No comments: