Happy Sunday MTG peeps,
Some late news this weekend from an announcement made at Pro Tour Gatecrash by Hill and Sutcliffe - teasers from the next From the Vault product. This one is to be rather special as it was developed to celebrate the twenty years of Magic: the Gathering. EDIT - And it's official as predicted - link to mothersite announcement here. Look for all these singles this summer at MTG Mint Card.
If you are new to the game, here's the 4.1.1. to bring you up to speed - From the Vault is a series of box sets, released on an annual basis in late August. Each box set contains 15 tournament-legal, black-bordered, holographic foil cards with a common theme. Some of these cards feature novel alternate artwork. The suffested reatil price for these sets is US $40, but do rarely go for this as these are limited runs and demand from players.
Anywhoos - here's what we know from the announcement - We should expect something formal on the mothersite tomorrow (Monday 18th February).
Magic: the Gathering - From the Vault: Twenty
Release date: August 23, 2013
Product concept and develop team: Gavin Verhey and Jeremy Jarvis
Twitter Hashtag: #ftv20
• An exclusive spindown life counter
• A collector's guide
• Each card has been printed using a foil process unique to the 'From the Vault' series.
• The twenty cards are all printed in the current card frame, for some, it is for the first time.
• From the Vault: Twenty will be available worldwide in English only, and will have an extremely limted print run
• All cards are black bordered and tournament legal. This means that these cards are legal for us in any tournaments where the original printings are still legal.
. . . . And here's the image spoiler for FTV: Twenty -
Of course we won't know which card this will be but our money is on Mother of Runes, aka 'Mom'. This is pretty exciting stuff and we'll update you as soon as additional information rolls out.
Recent MTG REALM Posts
Powered By Blogger Widgets